Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fashion Nazi

I know, i know. Fashion should be all about freedom, self-expression and all that. But sometimes, I can't help but cringe at the many fashion offenses i see on a daily basis. Now, I'm not saying that I'm the end-all,be-all to dressing and style. I'm simply talking about my personal preferences and pet peeves. That's a fine line to looking original and then looking ridiculous. With all that said and done, I just wanted to list done my absolute pet peeves in dressing. In no particular order..

1.I CANNOT stand it when guys where jeans and wifebeaters in public (the mall, the streets)! i just had to get that out there!Yes, even to the beach. A wifebeater and some shorts, are perfectly acceptable beach garb.
2.Tights as pants are not ok! This happens when your crotch area is exposed because of a too short top! On that note, camel toe is unacceptable too! Please take time to invest in underwear that has more coverage.
3.Those long winter boots in a tropical country? I don't think so! Wearing them with the skimpiest shorts and barely there tops does not make them look better. In fact, I think it looks oxymoronic, if anything.
4.Stop it with the denim on denim! It is not cool. You are not a cowboy.
5.Those tights with the lace at the bottom, especially when layered over a denim mini drive me crazy!
6.Low rise jeans that show your butt crack are equally unacceptable. What is that?A piggy bank slot?
7.Lastly, shirts as dresses! enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment