Monday, March 9, 2009

Night out:Creative Cebu

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By closetidealist



I trooped to the Terraces last Saturday to meet up with a bunch of friends for the launch of Creative Cebu! As the name suggests, Creative Cebu was a showcase of the city's creative industry. While I was there to check out fashion exhibit, and to show my support to a friend who was taking part in the fashion show, I also got to see what the other sectors were up to.

Cebu is famous for furniture, and the fashion designers here are also becoming popular for their distinct style. However, there are so many other sectors that hardly anyone ever knows about! it was eye opening for me to find out that we have indie film makers, musicians, and artists, all struggling to get their craft noticed out there!

It may be a little early to say, considering this is just the second post for this blog, but I'm hopeful that somewhere along the way, closetidealist will have enough of a voice, and an audience, to promote all those sectors that are all but ignored. It sounds a little ambitious, but hey, the word idealist is found in this blog's name, and you'd hardly be surprised to find the contributors (especially this one) as such!

on another note, thank you so much for dropping by! add me up, follow me, comment all you like, and tell your friends too! i don't bite, and id love to hear from all of you! i promise i won't bore you with lectures and tirades! more fashion to come!!!:)

later! <3

***** i'm wearing a gray asymmetrical dress i had made myself, gojane.com bondage sandals, faux snakeskin clutch. thanks to mikey for the photo *****

1 comment:

  1. Hello, incase you do not look at the other post first I had been looking for the song you had as well from the super 8mm film it is by Sigur Ros the song is called Saeglopur!

    I really hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete